With all of the uncertainly circling the new tax code, we thought it a great opportunity to have a Q&A with one of Omaha’s most respected tax and accounting experts, Dr. Thomas J. Purcell, Chair of the Department of Accounting at Creighton University.
Time: Friday, March 1, 2019 at 11:30 AM
Location: Scott Conference Center, 6450 Pine St, Omaha, Nebraska 68106
Lunch will be provided and then event will run 90 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the number of questions.
Dr Thomas J. Purcell, PhD
“Why give to Creighton? Because our gifts allow the University to educate tomorrow’s leaders in the Catholic, Jesuit tradition. As Creighton faculty and staff, we have an opportunity to directly impact students who will go on to do great things for society.”
– Thomas J. Purcell, III, BSBA’72 JD’77, Professor, College of Business, Assistant to the President for University Planning
Professor Thomas J. Purcell, III, BSBA’72 JD’77, has been at Creighton almost continually since the 1960s, first as a student and then as a professor. Dr. Purcell has given consistently to the University since his early days as a faculty member.
In 2007, Dr. Purcell was named Assistant to the President for University Planning, where he offered his expertise in business theory for the benefit of the University’s long-term planning. In addition to lending his talent to the University, he continued to support Creighton financially.
- Nellen, Annette, Purcell III, Thomas J., Nichols, Nancy, Rhoades-Catanach, Shelley, Rubin, Jane T., Sawyers, Roby B., Spilker, Brian The Model Tax Curriculum: 2014 Revisions Provide a Valuable Tool for Accounting Programs, Tax Adviser, 45, 588-592, 2014
- Mathers, Robert A., Wolbach, Kristine R. Taxpayer Representation in the Shadow of Preparer Discipline, Tax Adviser, 44, 778-783, 2013
- Purcell III, Thomas J., Bond, Barbara, Schreiber, Gerald H., Jr. Current Tax Return Disclosure Issues Involving Sec. 7216, Tax Adviser, 44, 546-549, 2013
- Purcell, Thomas J., III, Sonnier, Blaise M. Circular 230, Section 10.21, and Ssts No. 6: Standards Relating to Taxpayer Errors and Omissions, Tax Adviser, 43, 544-546, 2012
- Purcell, Thomas J., III, Sonnier, Blaise M. Circular 230: its Day-To-Day Impact on Tax Practices, Tax Adviser, 43, 130-132, 2012
- Schneid, Joseph W., Purcell, Thomas J., III Tax Practice Responsibilities, Tax Adviser, 43, 340-341, 2012
- Purcell,Thomas J. Tax practice responsibilities, Tax Adviser, 42, 346-348, 2011
- Purcell,Thomas J. (ed.), Fowler,Gregory M., Mattson,Andrew M., Bresnahan,James F. Codification of economic substance affects all tax practitioners, Tax Adviser, 42, 540-543, 2011
- Purcell III, Thomas J., Sansone, James W., Tracy, Donald J. Changes in Tax Practice Standards Affect CPAs, Journal of Accountancy, 209, 24-28, 2010
- Nellen, Annette, Purcell III, Thomas J. Service Learning and Tax: More than Vita, Tax Adviser, 40, 550-552, 2009
- Purcell, T. Tax Accounting, Important Developments, ABA Section of Taxation, 2007
- Purcell, T. Tax Accounting, Important Developments, ABA Section of Taxation, 2006
- Purcell, Thomas J. Campus to clients: education for today’s business needs: professional committee service–a win-win strategy, Tax Adviser, 37, 678-680, 2006
- Purcell, T. Professional Committee Service – A Win-Win Strategy, Tax Adviser, 37, 678-680, 2006
- Purcell, T. DC Currents Column, Tax Adviser, 37, 484-485, 2006
- Purcell, Thomas J. III Service learning and tax: more than VITA (volunteer income tax assistance), Tax Adviser, 2009
- Image, articles, and publications courtesy of Creighton University