Become a Member!
Joining the Omaha Jaycees is a great way to have fun, develop relationships, and make a difference in the Omaha community.
The benefits of individual membership include:
- Networking with other emerging leaders in Omaha who share similar interests and desires to see the city improve
- Access to other young professionals and Omaha businesses
- Engage with community leaders and organizations, research, discuss, and provide input on the critical issues that impact our local community
- Opportunity to create, coordinate, and execute projects in the city that are important to you
- Invitations to join Omaha Jaycees’ committees to plan and execute events and programming
- Entrance to monthly social events at no charge
- Exclusive access to Omaha Jaycees member-only quarterly outings (i.e. sporting events, catered dinners, concerts, tours, etc.)
- Free or discounted pricing to Omaha Jaycees ticketed events (Beer & Bacon, TOYO)
- Exclusive opportunity to be featured in our email newsletter
Membership is $75 per year.
Balkissa Mahamane is the current Vice President of Community for the Omaha Jaycees. She joins us after moving to the United States from Niger, West Africa over 11 years ago. A strong believer in education, Balkissa holds many degrees including a Bachelor’s of Science in Business, a Master’s in Education, and a Master’s of Business Administration. As a Business Transformation Analyst at Kiewit Corporation, her primary responsibilities involve analyzing internal business processes to find inefficiencies and designing solutions to eliminate glitches and increase productivity.
As a member of the Jaycees, Balkissa lives by being the change she wants to see in her community. She joined the Omaha Jaycees chapter in order to give back to the local community and inspire the African Diaspora. She strives to be present for the people in the United States who are taking care of the people from Western and Central Africa and wants everyone to come together so that our communities can be resilient, peaceful, and strong. She credits the Jaycees for giving her access to like-minded individuals who are also passionate about serving their communities. In 2019, Balkissa will mentor the 10 selected TOYO! Teens and support them in continuing to impact the Omaha community in various ways.
Outside of her work at Kiewit, Balkissa stays active. She is the mother of 3 wonderful children, and an owner of two local businesses, Excellence Insights and 4CleaningSisters. She volunteers for SCORE and serves a board member for the annual Africa Leadership Summit held in Omaha, Nebraska. Her proudest accomplishment includes founding La Grande Académie. La Grande Académie provides education to young children in rural areas of Niger. She started this project in 2013 using personal funds and today, the school welcomes and provides an education for students up to the 4th grade at no cost. In her minimal free time, she enjoys traveling, cooking and building and restoring furniture.