Become a Member!
Joining the Omaha Jaycees is a great way to have fun, develop relationships, and make a difference in the Omaha community.
The benefits of individual membership include:
- Networking with other emerging leaders in Omaha who share similar interests and desires to see the city improve
- Access to other young professionals and Omaha businesses
- Engage with community leaders and organizations, research, discuss, and provide input on the critical issues that impact our local community
- Opportunity to create, coordinate, and execute projects in the city that are important to you
- Invitations to join Omaha Jaycees’ committees to plan and execute events and programming
- Entrance to monthly social events at no charge
- Exclusive access to Omaha Jaycees member-only quarterly outings (i.e. sporting events, catered dinners, concerts, tours, etc.)
- Free or discounted pricing to Omaha Jaycees ticketed events (Beer & Bacon, TOYO)
- Exclusive opportunity to be featured in our email newsletter
Membership is $75 per year.
This month’s member spotlight features Adam Schmidt!
Adam has been an active member of the Jaycees since 2019. A native of Lincoln, Adam graduated from Doane College with a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Graphic Design. He currently works for Avantas as a Software Engineer. He spends his days developing new features and identifying and solving programming glitches/bugs on software that is provided to hospitals and healthcare facilities. With no formal education in software engineering, Adam is proud of the time he spent studying computer programming and teaching himself the necessary skills for his role.
Adam sought out the Omaha Jaycees as he was looking for an organization that could provide opportunities to make new friends, get involved with the community, and develop soft skills. He credits the Jaycees for helping him develop a network of supportive connections.
Outside of programming, Adam is an active Toastmaster member, and enjoys working on home improvement projects, running, and ultimate frisbee.