Become a Member!
Joining the Omaha Jaycees is a great way to have fun, develop relationships, and make a difference in the Omaha community.
The benefits of individual membership include:
- Networking with other emerging leaders in Omaha who share similar interests and desires to see the city improve
- Access to other young professionals and Omaha businesses
- Engage with community leaders and organizations, research, discuss, and provide input on the critical issues that impact our local community
- Opportunity to create, coordinate, and execute projects in the city that are important to you
- Invitations to join Omaha Jaycees’ committees to plan and execute events and programming
- Entrance to monthly social events at no charge
- Exclusive access to Omaha Jaycees member-only quarterly outings (i.e. sporting events, catered dinners, concerts, tours, etc.)
- Free or discounted pricing to Omaha Jaycees ticketed events (Beer & Bacon, TOYO)
- Exclusive opportunity to be featured in our email newsletter
Membership is $75 per year.
This month we are celebrating Kelli Schmitt!
Originally from Elgin, a small town in rural Nebraska, Kelli moved to Omaha after finishing college. She studied at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln and earned a Bachelor’s degree, double majoring in Management and Marketing and minoring in Psychology. She currently works as a Risk Advisor with Unico Group where she takes great pride in helping businesses find the best insurance to maximize their benefit package. Her client base ranges from small, family-owned to large, publicly-traded corporations.
Prior to joining Unico, Kelli worked in sales for Tom James, one of the largest custom clothing providers across the globe. During her time there, she hit a professional milestone and was awarded President’s Club selling $500,000 in clothing in just 8 months.
Kelli joined the Omaha Jaycees to meet other like-minded individuals and get more involved with community. She has enjoyed getting to know new members and reconnecting with old friends who she had met before she joined. Unfortunately, the pandemic arrived shortly after she became a member and our events were put on hold but she patiently awaits future events and being able to continue to grow her network.
Kellie enjoys staying active and you can find her sweating it out at a cycling or kickboxing class (after COVID-19, of course) or maybe least expected, you can find her spending time outdoors – hunting. She also enjoys being creative, whether that be playing the piano or painting.